Add/Create User in Ubuntu
To add a user to Ubuntu you need to login as administrator. Adding a User can be done through command line as well as through graphical method.
To create a user through command line see create user to Linux. This method is applied to all the Linux distros.
Adding a user in Ubuntu through graphical method can be done in the following manner:
1) In Unity dash(the topmost button on the right panel), search for User Accounts (for Ubuntu 11.04 and above. For previous versions, go to Application -> User Accounts).
2) The following window will appear.
Click on Unlock option at the top to Unlock the window.
3) Now click on ‘+’ button present at the bottom left side.
4) In the appearing window, select the account type as per your choice and assign a user name. Click on “Create” button.
|Give the user account name|
4) Next, you will see a window with “Password” option. Now click on “Account disabled” in front of it. The window shown below will appear.
|Give password for the User account of Ubuntu|
5) Give the password, confirm it and click on Change button. Your user account will be enabled and you can login with this account on your next login.